Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Skittle-ish manicure

After feeling uninspired about my nails for the past couple weeks, I hit a creative streak last night. I've been fantasizing over gorgeous, perfectly swirled water marbles lately, and this double accent on my ring and middle fingers happened to be my first successful one.

Water marbling is so tricky. You can try it six times a day for a week straight, and suddenly one miraculous time, it works and you're left with nails that are bathed in beautiful swirls of polish. It's an incredible moment when you realize that you've got
it down.

Back to this mani... I used Wet N Wild polishes in On A Trip (purple) and I Need A Refresh-mint (mint/teal) for the purple and mint/teal color, and China Glaze White on White for the white, obviously. A unnamed glitter striper was also used on the pinky and index fingers. I used a long, thin nail art brush for the thumb swishes and the white on the index and pinky, with a couple dotting tools thrown in here and there. Slathered in a coat of Seche Vite, of course (:



No comments:

Post a Comment